WordPress Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man
How important are clothes to you? Describe your style, if you have one, and tell us how appearance impacts how you feel about yourself. Photographers, artists, poets: show us STYLE.
Different, alternative and indeed, that “typically me” type of clothes. Dr Martens boots matched with pretty dresses have been my style for the past two years. Grace to an injured Achilles tendon, I had to find boots that encapsulated my foot, hence again falling for Dr Martens boots.
I haven’t looked back since; two years later I still wear them as much as possible. In fact, I hate summers, partly because it is simply too warm outside to wear them.
Only this morning I took Instagram pictures from my boots surrounded by fallen leaves from trees in my neighbourhood. They simply are part of the way I think, and am. If clothing could ever be personified character traits, my Dr Martens boots are it.
Before the Achilles issue, I already used to dress in black day in, day out. So much so that my ex-colleagues told me to start wearing different colours and that they would never talk to me again if I dared showing up dressed in black again at work. Needless to say, I didn’t listen to them and I continued to wear black.
One of my favourite pieces is still , once bought in Vero Moda, a black, long princess skirt. Girls walked over to me asking where I bought the skirt, because they thought it was so pretty. I eventually got the same skirt again in the shop because I didn’t want to wear anything else ever again.
Sadly I grew a little bit bigger because of steroid treatments and the skirts didn’t fit me anymore, but they’re still hanging in my wardrobe, waiting to be worn again.
I am alternative in mind and spirit, but I will always try to match the expensive-looking boots with dresses that beam elegance, even when the dresses were cheap or bought when the sales period is on.
And who knows, one day I might fit into the princess skirts again! Fingers crossed… and toes also!
If you liked this post, please also read http://ireland-ms.com/2013/04/01/wordpress-weekly-writing-challenge-iconic/
Fall Throwback: The Return of the Martens
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Return of the Martens by urbanxenophile featuring a red plaid skirt No, you haven’t jumped aboard a time machine, it’s throw-back-fall, everything old is new again, and Dr Martens are stomping their way down city streets just about everywhere.
The History Of Dr Martens In Youth Culture
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
The History Of Dr Martens In Youth Culture (Guest Post) The Dr Martens boot is one of the most famous and iconic shoes in the world, having been born in Germany by creator Klaus Martens.
- I Wear Me! | Silver Wonderland
- Princesses and Docs | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis and Me
- understate | yi-ching lin photography
- from a new box of | y
- The Big Clothing and Physical Appearance Issue | Hey, Miss Adventures!
- Why I Wear What I Wear | mardmood
- Daily prompt: the battle to stay funky | Empressnasigoreng’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Your Daily Dose
- Fresh meets Refined | S.G.P.T.
- Status Report | tjbarkerseattle
- The Diva in Me. | Dear Yolandi
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Icesabel
- Dress For The Job You Want – Compass & Quill
- Into my closet! | Honesty kills.
- fancy fool | hannalie taute
- Steve Hanuman | Village & Countryside Tourism
- Louis Viviers | Village & Countryside Tourism
- Rural Tourism in Russia: Man and Horse | Village & Countryside Tourism
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Awl and Scribe
- Man maketh the clothes. « RPMAS
- Daily Prompt: It’s About Clothes and Not About Russia | Under the Monkey Tree
- The Clothes (May) Make the Man | geekergosum
- Never Stationary
- Suit Up! | Crossroads
- Zero, Budget Version. | thoughtsofrkh
- Too Sexy For My Clothes [Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man] | unknowinglee
- Canada Goose (Style) | photo potpourri
- Daily Prompt: Clothes: I Blame Stacy & Clinton | Kim, Who Lives at Home
- The Clothes (May) make the Woman (Writer) | Kate Murray
- Way down inside | The verbal hedge
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man « Mama Bear Musings
- I Feel For My Mother – Daily Prompt Repost | The Mercenary Researcher
- they’re just clothes | wannabepoet
- My Old Green Sweater | The Jittery Goat
- Polo Shirt And Chinos | Tony’s Texts
- Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man — Purple Sweaters, Orange Dresses | SERENDIPITY
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | littlegirlstory
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Vagabond
- Dress for Sucess | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
- Second Class Style | An Upturned Soul
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
- A shameful confession. | Tales of a slightly stressed Mother!
- Naked People don’t influence society | crookedeyebrows
- Shift in styles | The life of T
- Calmness | Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- What the hell is she wearing? | Girlie Groove
- The Clothes that Make the Woman | The River Mom
- House of Revolving Style | wordsandotherthings
- On Clothes and Androgyny | the wannabe artist
- Princesses and Docs | Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis and Me
- Silver, With A Golden Heart | ~xoxo, msL
- Clothing and Confidence | A Sign Of Life
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes Make the Man | My Atheist Blog
- Why do I look so good? | Rob’s Surf Report
- Fur Coat… | Haiku By Ku
- Why do I love black? Let me count the ways. | walkin‘ on sunshine
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Well I’m not naked… | Day of the Week Fat Pants
- I’d Rather Be Naked… | Take your Chances; Make it Happen
- Unclothed | alienorajt
- I really don’t care | Life is great
- Jeans | East Meets Breast
- It tickles my senses | Hope* the happy hugger
- Hats n’ Scarves…(wp daily prompt) | Daily Observations
- Fashion centsibility | Beth Byrnes
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes That Make | cagedbutterfly1
- Bring on the Karken…but do it with style. | Vampire Maman
- Unclothed | vicbriggs’s Blog
- The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | To Write With a Broken Pencil is Pointless
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make Make the (Wo)man | lifebeinggirly
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (may) Make the (Wo)Man | Understated Classics
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes Make The Man | Steve Says….
- Jeans +Shirt +Sneakers=Done! | Not a Punk Rocker
- I’m a T-shirt and jeans kind of girl. Always will be. | Reinvention of Mama
- Car Wars:This Is How I Roll | Just Visiting This Planet
- I don’t always make bold fashion statements…… | djgarcia94
- Chameleon | A mom’s blog
- Do I Love Clothes? | Flowers and Breezes
- The Man Makes the Man | Real Life Co.
- shopping for a man | Musings of a Random Mind
- COVERING UP | Emotional Fitness
- The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | The Nameless One
- Paying it forward | I’m just Super Saiyan
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | The Blogging Path
- My sweater is more than just my style | Fingerprints on the Fridge
- “Our Minds Want Clothes As Much As Our Bodies” – Samuel Butler – Daily Prompt | thecatsdaydream
- Dressing Like a Canadian | SueAnn Porter
- The Clothes Make the Man..err.. Woman | The Otter in my Jotter
- Lady Godiva | CurTales
- Daily Prompt: Style | Far from Done
- Janwilk’s Weblog
- Venus of the rags – a daily prompt on clothing | Indexyourlife
- Woven | The Seminary of Praying Mantis
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | Sunglasses Always Fit
- One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | The corner of my imagination
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | You Know My Answer To That | Sylvia’s Life and Style
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | To Breathe is to Write
- Style For the Daily Prompt! | sewcoordinated
- That Yellow Sundress | JC Bride ~
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | jane sleeps here
- The Power of Hair | The Silver Leaf Journal
- The Clothesmaker | The Drugstore Notebook
- Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man 4.10 | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
- She who runs … | lemon lime follies
- Brighter Than Sunshine | Wiley’s Wisdom
- The Styles We Are And Our Characters Are | Kate’s Bookshelf
- How important are clothes to you? | Processing the life
- Kind of Fashionable | Kind of a Bum
- Overdress Or Underdress | Anchors Aweigh
- Dress For The Job You Want | Compass & Quill
- Emphasis on the Boy | Daily Prompt: The Clothes (May) Make the (Wo)man | likereadingontrains
- You wear what you are? | ♡ sarah ♡
- The Length of a Skirt | Inks and Scribbles
- Professional Dress | mutatiomagistra
© WVE and Ireland, MS and Me, 2011-2013. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to WVE and Ireland, MS and Me with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.