With all the Christmas hustle and bustle, I forgot I was chosen for two WordPress blog awards, given by other WP bloggers! Sheen of Flowers and Breezes told me four days ago about the awards, so apologies for the late reply and nominations.
I want to thank Sheen for being such a great blogger and nice commentator, Sheen is still grieving the loss of her husband and spends time between Pakistan and the US. Please do visit her blog, the link is mentioned in the above paragraph.
The Versatile Blogger Award and the Dragon’s Loyalty Award share the same way of forwarding and awarding, so I will combine both here. Each person I nominated therefore get both awards.
I looked up some of the meaning and rules of the Versatile Blogger Awards (VBA) and found this: “When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them. Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.”
The VBA rules are as follows:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
- Save and add the VBA and Dragon image on your blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Telling 7 things about myself is a bit of an exercise, but I’ll have a go either way! Here we go:
- I’ve been awake since 11.30pm last night. Considering it’s now 7am, I am giddy of strong tiredness and I need to get rid of as soon as possible. It is Christmas Eve after all. We had a big storm for the last 14h or so, and there’s no sign of it ending soon. When I get so tired I can’t think straight anymore, I get giddy. Teenage-girl kind of giddy. My mum and I were singing songs at 3am, and discussing our favorite native dialect. No alcohol needed here; we’re mad enough as we are!
- A few of my big pastimes are writing, reading, talking about books, buying books, trying to write books, rearranging bookshelves that aren’t mine and dreaming of books.
- Given the chance, I’d jump straight back into the workforce. Having followed library education and 7-year experience working in one, it’s my first choice. I also have a Counselling diploma (with merit!) and had a fantastic time working in one of the many multinationals in Ireland, so I have options if only there was a cure for MS. This means that come 2020, I want – no, I will – be back at work. I will need to hijack the cure for MS because whomever has it, is not showing his/her face right now. And I need that bloody cure!
- While I can talk for Ireland, I find making lists like this extremely hard!
- People describe me as relaxed and caring. Treat me with disdain, ignorance, arrogance and/or selfishness however and I will show you the door faster than you can click your heels. I may seem able to be treated unfairly, but my patience will not be tested forever. Treat others as you want to be treated yourself… That is my motto in life.
- I talk in my sleep. About history. Chickens. Grass. Books. Laundries…
- Gladly suffer – no, suffer is too strong a word – entertain the idea that creationists need to go back to Sunday school, that evolutionists rule the world (way to go, Charles Darwin!) and that I love Stephen Hawking! On the other side of the scale, I adore Scrat (of Ice Age), Pinky (of “the Brain” fame), Alf, Garfield, Donkey (from Shrek) and other simple minds.
Here are my 15 Versatile Blogger awards to blogs I love!
Please visit these blogs to find their relevance, meaning and fantastic writing artistry. You will not be disappointed!
© WVE and Ireland, MS and Me, 2011-2013. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to WVE and Ireland, MS and Me with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.