Here is the other Liebster Award that was sitting here idly without being forwarded. Tamie’s Realm kindly nominated me and needless to say, I am very happy about it! As always, nominations – which are winners in WordPress blog terminology – need to follow a few steps when passing on the award.
Here are the rules for this particular Liebster Award:
1. Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
1. If you could only eat one ice cream flavor, what would you choose? Chocolate or Strawberry?
Chocolate! Hate strawberry ice cream.
2. For students or former students: Do you like your high school self? Why or why not?
I like the age I was back then, but would have loved to have the wisdom I gathered along the years since then.
3. What was the biggest mistake you did in your life and what did you do to make it right?
Putting more time into studying while in high school one year, but I made up afterwards by studying harder the following years and making sure I had a proper college education.
4. Who is your favorite person from history? What can you tell this person if ever you get a chance to spend 7 minutes with him/her?
There are so many people I’d love to spend some time with, so it’s really hard picking one. Despite not being my favourite person, perhaps Jesus Christ, to find out if he actually really existed and to find out if he was as holy as people now believe.
5. What is your favorite go-to outfit or piece of clothing that can make your day better, despite a bad hair-day?
My black tall 20-eye Dr Martens boots! They lift my spirit every time, even in summertime!
6. Who is your favorite literary character?
Mr. Darcy of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. His disdain at first, distant attitude and later on growing love for Elisabeth Bennet is something exciting, yet pure once Darcy realises that he loves her with all his heart.
7. Talk about any useless talent you have.
Classifying things. Library education/professional malbehaviour, you see.
8. Is going to college totally worth it? Why or why not?
Totally worth it. Young people believe they will get a job, earn lots of money without doing any work at all, but that is not how the real world works. Self-improvement through college and university builds towards that, and is essential if you want to do well in life. Whatever your interest, there are always options to study further, either in person, online, by distance education etc. If I had the money, I’d return to my degree in Psychology, because studying is one of my favourite things to do, plus my interest in it is so massive, I feel I have to study more and more.
9. Describe your mood right now through a song. Give the lines you can relate to.
Feeling happy, in tune with myself, despite having mad chronic pain right now. The song that’s been playing in my mind all afternoon is ‘You’ve got the love’ by Florence + the Machine: “Sometimes it seems that the going is just too rough, And things go wrong no matter what I do. Now and then it seems that life is just too much, But you’ve got the love I need to see me through.”
10. What do you do when you feel sad?
Get up and do something and think of positive things. Being active, even silly household tasks, help putting your mind elsewhere.
11 random facts about me (copied from previous received Liebster Award):
- I tend to be really girly when dating and love is concerned. I love being asked out first rather than setting the first step myself. It’s nice being “chased” but without drama queen tendencies or playing hard to get. I just like the idea of a man doing all the right things to get my heart.
- You can call me fiercely loyal; there’s very little I wouldn’t do to help a friend or those in my environment.
- Since being diagnosed with a hospital acquired superbug 5 years ago, I do my dishes in near-boiling water and dry my dishwashing sponge in the microwave to kill all germs left behind after rinsing it.
- Not sharing cutlery, dishes and cups/glasses is only a small part of why I live as germfree as possible in the kitchen and bathrooms. One superbug was one too many.
- I crave dogs. Can’t have one where I live, so I annoy people on Facebook with posting loads of images of dogs. I know… Silly really, but just can’t help it!
- Scarves. I have them in all sorts and sizes. Neck pain, you see. They keep that area warm and easy to handle.
- Ireland is where I learned to curse. Never in public, though, and never when bad words are exchanged. I tend to cursing when I’m really, really tired and when my bad-language-barrier is broken because of fatigue.
- Despite being more agnostic, I am really interested in the history of religion. I believe there is a higher creation, but I cannot prove it. I’d love to believe in the concept of ‘God’ but I’m definitely a firm believer of evolution and Darwinism. Creationists, who to refuse to believe all scientific proof of evolution, cannot convert me to non-belief in evolution.
- I‘m an avid National Geographic, the Discovery Channels and History Channel watcher. If it goes on like this, I’ll be able to fly airplanes myself after all the re-runs of Air Crash Investigation.
- Things out of place will soon catch my eye. I’m very peculiar with how things are in my wardrobes, cupboards etc. I straightaway see if something is out of place.
- Since Saturday I’m the owner of a brand new Ireland rugby shirt and a Munster rugby scarf. Not very female in relation to the rest of my wardrobe, but owning the two new pieces shows my allegiance to Ireland and absolute love for Irish rugby.
Your 11 questions, which I will pinch from Tamie’s Realm, are those I replied to above, so you can use these for your own nomination post.
© WVE and Ireland, MS and Me, 2011-2014. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to WVE and Ireland, MS and Me with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.